Monday, April 2, 2012

Cochem Easter Market

My husband is awesome....not only did he plan an entire DATE DAY for us,  but he took care of getting the babysitter, AND I finally got a new camera.    (he "gave" me one 2 Christmases ago, and I was supposed to go buy one, but never did).  It's a Nikon D3100, and I'm still figuring out how to use all the functions.  But it takes really great photos!!  I'm making them bigger on the blog because they are so nice.  But I'll also have to break up my posts more so they aren't so long.

Our trip was to the town of Cochem, to spend a few hours in the Easter Market, then a tour of the castle, and a medieval dinner.  Cochem is about 2 hours away from Ramstein.

We took an RTT tour, on this very nice bus.

I was just trying to see what I could take pictures of.  It was 16 degrees (C) when we left.

On our way!

We played Words with Friends on Marshall's iPhone.  Romantic, right??
We stopped at a rest stop along the way, that had a beautiful view.
 The next stop was right above the town of Cochem, the Mosel River, and a great view of Cochem Castle.  Not a bad view for a summer residence, huh?
We were dropped off at the town center, and had about 4 hours to shop and wander the town.  It was a gorgeous day!
The giant cookie hearts have many cute sayings on them.
 Mega-Lollys!   HUGE!!
 There are all kinds of beautiful ceramic eggs.
 These fence post animals were cute.

You might need some worms for your garden.
 There were also musicians playing these hand cranked organ boxes.
 Some decorations for your doorstep.
 I loved these cute little butterflies!  I need to learn how to crochet!
 Some of the fountains were filled in with flowers and eggs.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Love, love reading about all of your adventures!
Suzanne (Danielle's mom)