Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Mason and Jennie visit!

Marshall's brother Mason and his wife Jennie came to visit us in early October.  They have some friends at Spangdahlem AB, and spent some time with them before heading down to Ramstein to see us.  It was great for the kids to spend time getting to know their Aunt and Uncle- and they were showered with gifts and affection!

Here is Mav playing with Aunt Jennie before bath time.

We headed down to the Black Forest one weekend, to check out the Triberg area.  It was pretty cloudy that day, and I wasn't sure how much we'd be able to see.

It was also chilly, and we were very bundled up!

This is funny- a totem pole with the traditional black forest cherry hat on!!

This store was cool- the House of 1000 clocks.

I didn't count them, but I've never seen so many clocks in my life!  And they ARE NOT cheap!

This cookoo clock- 479 Euro!!

They are handmade, and very unique!

After looking in the stores, we headed up to the waterfall.  The entrance is right at the edge of town.

The path was very well marked, and easy to walk.

I think Mason and Jennie were getting a little bit wet here!

Right after this Mav fell asleep (it was nap time)

Mdx loved wearing this hat- it was given to me by my Uncle Richard, and is at least 30 years old!

No comments: