Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Way Back Whensday- Thanksgiving 2009

Last Thanksgiving we hosted a few of Marshall's friends from work over for Thanksgiving dinner.  Marshall had just gotten back from deployment and we couldn't travel home for the holiday because of some sort of work conflict (I can't remember specifically what it was).  This was our first time cooking a holiday meal and there were many phone calls to my parents in NC for some help with the turkey and other things!!  I told Marshall that the only thing I really wanted him to do was the turkey, and he gave me some song and dance about how that's the woman's job!  I said "Oh H-E-doublehockeysticks NO it is not!  My Dad always cooks the turkey at their house!!".  HAhahaha!  I got a new appreciation for how much work goes into preparing a meal of that size!  I'm still not good at the hostess thing.  I forget to tell people where they can put their coats or purses, I forget to offer drinks, and I run around all confused for a while.  I can't be the only one who does this.

Our friends Matt and Ashley brought their daughter Olivia, who was only a few months old!  Maddox was checking her out and thought she was very interesting!

She had on a super cute Thanksgiving outfit!  Now I feel like a schmuck for not having one for Mav this year!  Oh well.  Here she's chillin in Mdx's papasan chair.

 Maddox enjoyed sitting at the table with us!

Chris, Lena, Matt, Ashley, and Olivia.  Notice the twinkle lights hanging in the dining room.  Every home of ours just feels "homier" (Homeyer?  More like a home?) with twinkle lights.  Note to self: must put up twinkle lights in this apartment somewhere.

If you had asked me this time last year if I thought I'd be at Osan AB, eating Thanksgiving dinner at the O Club instead of cooking, or with our family, I would have said you were crazy!  But here I am.  :)

No comments: