Monday, February 2, 2009

I *heart* our Anniversary

Marshall got us a gift certificate to the Spirit of Norfolk dinner cruise for our Anniversary LAST YEAR!  We kept trying to plan a time to go, but didn't have a babysitter for a long time.  Then we wanted to plan it for whenever we had family in town and they could watch Maddox- BUT every time we had family here we wanted to hang out with them!  So, we finally scheduled a time with a sitter and took an early dinner/late anniversary cruise.  I actually really do like our Anniversary date (Cinco de Mayo) because it is easy for us and everyone else to remember.  Plus- Margaritas....I don't need to say any more than that.

The ship before we left.  It was sunny, but very cold outside!
The buffet dinner had rolls, salad, chicken salad, pasta salad, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, turkey and gravy, three-cheese pasta, mixed veggies, and sole stuffed with crab.  Then we got a dessert plate with 4 little desserts on it.  It was awesome!
Right after you board, the buffet starts.  We were eating before we even left port!
One of the many, many piers we passed!
It's very hard to see- but this is the USS Cole, which was attacked by terrorists in Yemen in 2000.  It is now docked in Norfolk and has been repaired.
This is the USS George H.W. Bush, which was just commissioned in January!  It is the last of the Nimitz class Super-carriers to be made.  
This old couple was cracking me up all night.  They were also celebrating their anniversary, and were breaking it down on the dance floor!
We had a great time and would like to go back again sometime.  As promised- here is the picture from the Superbowl party!  I didn't take many, because I was chasing Mdx basically the whole time- or eating.  :)  I have got to get my hair cut, it is driving me CRAZY!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

So excited for you!! Looks like you guys had fun. I am not really sure about those Steelers jerseys though :)