Sunday, February 1, 2009

I *heart* February


This month I'm going to try and focus on posting what I love, appreciate, enjoy, etc.  I know that most of the time I write about Maddox and what we've been up to, but that's mostly to update friends and family who we don't see very much.  I've also been known to complain a time or two, but I'll save all that up for March.

What I like about February:
-It is a short month, so payday comes faster (for those of us that get paid at the end of the month- this is a big deal!)
-This month I'll be taking some of my students to audition for the All-City Orchestra.  For most of them it will be their first audition EVER!
-The name rocks- Feb-RU-ary.  Do you know anyone that actually pronounces the RU part?  That's always thrown me, because I really used to think that it was Feb-you-ary....but I was wrong.

Now for some fun pictures- these are leftover from Inauguration weekend in January.  Maddox and I went to Maryland to visit Marshall's grandparents, aunt, and cousin.  It took about 3 hours to get there, but it was a very easy drive through coastal Virginia.  We stayed overnight and then came back home.  It was fun, next time we'll stay a little longer!

Mdx and Great-Grandma Helen
Mdx and Great-Grandpa Mac
Mdx kept running into cousin David's room looking for toys.  He was very generous and shared with her.  He even got out a giant basket of stuffed animals!
She changed clothes to eat dinner and watch the Steelers game.
David is reading Mdx "Moo, Baa, La-la-la".
Aunt Marcia gave Mdx this doll that was hers when she was a girl!
I don't know what she's doing- probably singing.....loudly!

That's it for now, I'm off to bed.  Congrats to the Steelers for winning the Super Bowl tonight!  I'll post pics from the party we went to next time.

No comments: