Friday, June 10, 2011

A little bit of that...


I made this Big Ben centerpiece for our table at MOPS. (Mothers of Preschoolers)  I cut out pictures of Will and Kate and had them looking out the windows, and had the Queen peeking out of the top.  It's amazing how much fun it is to make stuff out of cardboard, but recently I've started to get tired of all the cardboard toys around our house!!  

I went to Namdaemun market up in Seoul with the Osan Enlisted Spouses Club.  We took the bus to Yongsan and then took cabs to the Market.  It was so much fun!  There were street vendors and shops selling everything you'd ever want to buy.  I wish I had turned around to get a photo of the actual market, but it was wall-to-wall Koreans and I thought it would be rude to take a picture in someone's face.

This was a ginormous building filled with hair accessories!  Most of these people sold their stuff wholesale, but you could bargain with them.  For example, one package of 8 bows would be 6,000 won (around $5.50), but if you only wanted to buy one or two you paid 2,000 each.  So it made more sense to buy a ton, but then what do you do with them?  I stayed away from the pink frilly hair bows, but did get some (around 100?) cute rainbow hair clips for Mdx. 

My friend Michele got Mdx her very own (knockoff) Barbie doll that came with 35 outfits!  Mdx has had so much fun playing with all the old Barbies at Grammy's house, it's about time she had some of her own!  When I opened the package to get it all out, the outfits were hot glued down, so I had to cut the glue off of some of them!

The Fascination of Art City- huh?  GRILS Shopping Fashion Style.

2 comments:

adrienne_sakura said...

omg hair bow explosion. that's awesome. i would have been in heaven. haha. that doesn't seem practical to hot glue to dress down. hmm i guess it made them look nice in the package. and grils really? they don't have spell check. sigh...

JennMac said...

Love the cardboard tower your so creative.