Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The wedding!

Our friends Paul and Danielle got married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony down in Concord, NC. The Orchard House is just close enough to the highway, and just far enough in the country that it seems like a picture perfect wedding location.

They lit all the lanterns hanging from the trees, and the wedding was timed so that dusk was falling shortly after the ceremony.
After the ceremony we had appetizers and hot apple cider in the garden. I thought this little shed and red tree were really pretty. I was going to go peek in the windows, and my friend Kara said something like: "That is so something you would do". Is that bad? Two minutes later some other wedding guests were peeking in the windows, and I said "Look! Now I can't go and peek or I'll just look like a follower!" Hahahaha!
I was SO glad to see Mdx's godparents, the Beerys. They are in their internship year at two churches up in Boone, and it has been WAY too long since we've seen them. We are planning a long weekend trip to see them hopefully in the Spring. We had a great conversation reminiscing from their wedding, and discussing the most useless or useful items from a gift registry.
I also enjoyed catching up with Kara and Katie, but didn't get a picture of them. :( Kara is getting ready to move and be with her man in California, and Katie is looking for a Youth Ministry job in the Raleigh area. If you know of any, let me know!

There was a HUGE tent where there was dinner and dancing!
Really Really Really Good Food. I took this pic for Marshall. :)
Getting instructions on how to pose for the cake cutting.
The beautiful couple! Enjoy your honeymoon!

1 comment:

daniellea22 said...

i look very scared in the last picture. hehe. thanks for the great recount of the day. i thought it went great. i glad you were able to come. :)