Sunday, September 9, 2012

TWO and FIVE!


Maddox is really into Art.  And when I say "really" I mean that everyday there is some kind of project going on in our house.  Coloring, painting, cutting, gluing, etc.  I draw the line at glitter.  Maverick is really into messes, so it works out well!  I decided to have an "Art" themed birthday parties for the kids, and a combined party, since their birthdays are so close together.  They've shared every birthday party they've had since Maverick was born, so hopefully we can continue this as long as possible!

Now, before you go thinking I'm Martha Stewart, let me just be honest.   I really don't enjoy throwing a party.  It is stressful, expensive, and a lot of work.  But, even though Marshall is gone and I didn't feel like it, I had to do it for my kids.  So I stole found lots of ideas that other people came up with, and copied them.  I don't try to pretend they are my own!  I am very good at executing other people's plans.  And truly, I'm so glad I only have to do this once a year.

The party was in our courtyard, and it was a windy day- but beautiful!  My friend Julia's daughter C, and my friend Ursula came over to help me decorate- I couldn't have done it without them!

I got these aprons to help keep the kids clean while they did the art projects.

There was a threat of rain, so we did everything in the carport.

Did you know that Froot Loops are spelled that way?  I don't buy them, so I did not.  But they are.  These were a hit!

We had canvases and paint so these kids could paint whatever they wanted.  The egg cartons were used as palettes to hold the paint.   As you can see, German eggs come in 10s instead of 12s.

I saved boxes, plastic tops and odds and ends to use as Robot materials.  Stickers, buttons, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes were also used.

They were so cute!

Sugar bombs, also known as marshmellows coated with frosting and rolled in sprinkles!

Tie-dye cake.  The inside was awesome too!  (coming in next post!)

Rainbow jello.  It took 3 days to make this because of all the layers!

Thank you pinterest for this idea!  Paint chip utensil holders!

Finally an idea that was my own!  (Skittles) Creativity seeds.  The label says "Eat of few of these and let your ideas blossom!"

Goody-gifts.  Each child got a paint set to take home.  The sticker say "Thanks for making our party a Masterpiece!"

Next post- pictures of the kids at the party, and all the MESSES being made!  :)

3 comments:

adrienne_sakura said...

omg this is amazing! i wish i could have gone. you are awesome!! just wow!

Tiff said...

That looks like so much fun! I think it is worth all the work because they are going to remember these birthdays. OK. So maybe not so much Mav but Maddox will totally remember. Looking forward to seeing all the art work. :)

Dani said...

Amazing party, Mary! You are so talented!!!